Uniform is an important aspect of equal opportunities in the Parkside Federation. It also affords some safety and protection for younger students as they can be easily identified as students of the college.
Years 7-10 School uniform is compulsory and students who fail to wear the correct school dress will receive a consequence.
Year 11 may be granted a non-uniform privilege if certain requirements are met regarding work and attendance. However, we ask that students who have gained this privilege wear appropriate dress for the world of work, and we reserve the right to ask for inappropriate dress to be changed to something suitable.
Our uniform supplier is Sportswear International Ltd. (items listed below with )
Orders can be placed online www.swischoolwear.co.uk (order via PARENTS ONLINE).
Orders can also be placed by telephone 0845 519 0099, by post or by fax using the order form below:
Please note to guarantee delivery for September 2017 orders are to be placed by Friday 4th August 2017.
- Sky blue raglan polo shirt with tree logo ( PFA138SKYY)
- Year 7 and 8 Sky blue raglan sweatshirt with tree logo ( PFA046SKYY)
- Year 9 and 10 Navy blue raglan sweatshirt with tree logo ( PFA046NAVY) or
Navy blue cardigan with tree logo ( PFA573NAVY).
- Plain navy or black tailored trousers or knee length skirt with navy/black tights (Summer alternative: tailored, plain navy or black knee length shorts, without logos, and white ankle socks.)
We do not accept the following
- jogging bottoms or sports trousers
- mini skirts
- hot pants
Please note that no outdoor clothing, including hoodies, may be worn inside school buildings, especially not in place of the school sweatshirt.
- Plain black, flat or low heeled shoes or black trainers without logos. Shoes must be completely black, including the sole and laces.
- If headscarves are worn for religious reasons, they should be navy blue colour.
- Hair must remain a natural colour.
- Make-up use must be discreet and natural looking.
- Nail polish is not permitted.
- Jewellery is not permitted, except stud earrings and a watch, unless for religious or cultural reasons.
All students are expected to have a serviceable bag for their belongings, including:
- a pencil case
- a pen
- a pencil
- a ruler
- a rubber as a minimum
Students are advised to carry a water bottle with them.
Years 7 and 8
- Royal blue raglan polo shirt with tree logo ( PFA138ROYA)
- Navy blue racer sweatshirt with tree logo ( PFA412NAWH) – this is only compulsory if a student wishes to wear a sweatshirt for sports. No other sweatshirts/outer layers are allowed to be worn during sports lessons.
Years 9 to 11
- Girls royal blue s-tec venus polo shirt with tree logo ( PFA417ROWH)
- Boys royal blue s-tec vapour polo shirt with tree logo ( PFA680ROWH)
Years 7 to 11
- Black sports shorts -these can be purchased from any supplier including Sportswear International Ltd as below;
- Response shorts ( 111415BLWH)
- Boys S TEC Milan Football Shorts ( 111489BLWH)
- Girls S Tec Netborn Skort ( 111494BLWH)
- Training Shoes
- Football boots
- Black socks – standard sport socks( 111037BLAC)
Optional Years 7 to 11
- S tec trinity track pants ( 111414BLWH) or
plain black track suit bottoms
- Clubs and Activities
- Governing Body
- Home Learning
- Leadership Team and Heads of Department
- Our Uniform
- School Improvement Plan
- Student Services
- Term Dates
- The Learning Day